Why take training to become a Certified Referee?
• Learn the laws and rules of soccer
• Gain self confidence
• Learn how to be a leader and also work in a team setting
• Meet new people with the same love of soccer
• Learn basic job skills with the flexibility of scheduling
• Increase communication skills
• Learn to think and make decisions quickly
• Get paid to exercise
Why do the online training and attend the classroom session?
Certifying under U.S. Soccer means you have access to more development tools, opportunities to travel, and a network the people to help you succeed.
What do the different Referee grade levels mean?
• Grade 9 is the entry level certification to referee soccer for small sided and recreational youth games. Grade 9 online courses, classroom training, and passing (80% or higher) the Grade 9 Referee Test will meet the requirements to certify with U.S. Soccer.
• Grade 8 certification prepares referees for competitive youth games. Grade 8 online courses, classroom training, and passing (80% or higher) the Grade 8 Referee Test will meet the requirements to certify with U.S. Soccer.
How do I get started?
Access the new online registration process by going to the ND Referee GameOfficals wedsite. You can register and pay online, access online course material, and sign up for the classroom portion of your course. You must complete the online course material before attending the classroom session.
Please see classroom session dates on the GameOfficials site.
Recertify and/or upgrade with USSF through ndrefs.gameofficials.net. Pay and access the online course material through this one site!
Any Questions contact: North Dakota SRA Dave Maier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, these booklets contain the basic information needed to be an effect Grade 9 referee.
Laws of the Game (USSF Version) (cick to view)
Amendments to the Laws of the Game USSF
Laws of the Game (FIFA Version) (click to view)
Amendments to the Laws of the Game FIFA (click to view)
Guide to Procedures (click to view)
Advice to Referees NEW (click to view)